Last updated March 22, 2020
Your privacy is critically important to us at Kaverk LLC. We are committed to protecting your personal information and right to privacy. If you have any questions about the policy below, please contact us using the “How to Reach Us” section below.
What This Policy Covers
- Our websites (kaverk.com)
- Our mobile applications (including the SeeSpotBid mobile app)
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources.
Information You Provide To Us
We (obviously) collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Location Information: We give you the option to provide your default country for eBay searches in the SeeSpotBid app, as well and your postal code in order to calculate shipping costs for listings.
- Custom “Search Alert” Terms: The SeeSpotBid app allows you to enter eBay listing search criteria, which may contain personally-identifiable information (for example, searching for your name)
- Email Address and Password: The app provides the option (for some devices) of creating an account used to store and retrieve user data, such as saved Search Alerts or purchased subscriptions.
- Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you contact our Support team, such as your country and Postal Code, and mobile device information such as model, make, operating system, and device identifier.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example, when you access this website or use the SeeSpotBid app.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about how many active Search Alerts users may have, or common search terms that could be aggregated to speed up services. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, support requests on our website, active purchased subscriptions in the SeeSpotBid app, other parts of our Services) along with information about your device (e.g., screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
- Stored Information: We may access information stored on your mobile device via our mobile app. We access this stored information through your device operating system’s permissions. For example, if you link your mobile device to iCloud, we may use it to automatically sync Search Alerts between your multiple devices.
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your list of Search Alerts and send Push Notifications for new listings matching your criteria.
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example, by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their Search Alerts more efficiently.
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use.
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our services and better understand user retention and attrition — for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a subscription plan and continued using our services after the subscription expired.
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Kaverk LLC and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To provide better support when contacted by you with any issues you may be experiencing with our Services.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account — for example, in order to enable access to our mobile app, services, or charge you for a subscription plan; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information — for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
(5) You have given us your consent — for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like eBay, Microsoft Azure, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you), those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers), and companies that make products available on our websites, who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Kaverk LLC, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
- Published Support Requests: If you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish details from that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Information Shared Publicly
No information provided by you is shared publicly.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it — which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information — and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to one of Kaverk’s websites, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 30 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to Kaverk’s websites and investigate issues if something goes wrong on one of our websites.
As another example, if you delete the SeeSpotBid app from all your mobile devices, we will delete your user data after one year of dormancy. Please note that any data deleted may remain on our backups and caches until purged.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks, securing transmitted data with encryption, and never storing user passwords in plain-text.
We do not knowingly collect data from, or market to, children under 18 years of age. By using our Services, you represent that you are at least 18, or are the parent or guardian of a minor whose use of our Services you approve of and consent to. If we learn that users under 18 are using our Services without authorized consent, we will promptly delete that data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under 18, contact us using the “How to Reach Us” section below.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you use our app, you can choose not to provide the optional information such as default Country for eBay searches or Postal Code. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services — for example, calculated shipping costs–may not be accessible.
- Limit Access to Information on Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information via our mobile apps. If you do so, you may not be able to sync your Search Alerts across multiple devices. You may also disable the ability of our app to send Push Notifications via your mobile device operating system preferences.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, Kaverk does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Kaverk’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of Kaverk’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Delete All User Information: If you wish to have all user information associated with your account deleted (which includes past and present saved Search Alerts and any user account created), you may contact us (See “How to Reach Us” below) with your request and we will delete all data related to your device/user identifier. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above — for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, contact us using the resources in “How to Reach Us.”
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Controllers and Responsible Companies
Kaverk LLC is a United States company who target users in the United States but may potentially be used worldwide. Kaverk LLC is the controller of personal information, which means that they are the company responsible for processing that information, based on the particular service and the location of the individual using our Services.
How to Reach Us
Other Things You Should Know
- In the case of US based entities, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them, or ensuring they have signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield; or
- In the case of entities based in other countries outside the EEA, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them.
You can ask us for more information about the steps we take to protect your personal information when transferring it from the EU.
Third Party Software
Since the use of SeeSpotBid heavily relies on eBay services and cloud-hosting services such as Microsoft Azure, please keep in mind that any use of the app may provide information about yourself to these third parties. We don’t own or control these third parties and they have their own rules about collection, use and sharing of information, which you should review.
Source of Policy